Au pair Germany
Au pairing in Germany is a way of truly experiencing the German culture and lifestyle and becoming a part of an International family.
Spending a year in Germany will allow you to share your South African culture and language with a family. You will be a part of the family and will care for the children. Learning how German families, suburbs, and cities function. Make new friends and meet many new people whilst in the country! Enjoy 12 months in some of Germanys finest cities.
Watch our latest webinars:
Webinar – August 2020 Au Pair Europe
Webinar - July 2020 Au Pair Germany
Status : Program Open
Embassy : Open
Vaccination Required : No
PCR Required to Enter : No
Working Conditions / Added Extras
- 30 Hour work week
- Two days paid vacation each month (total of 4 weeks in 12 months)
- Minimum of one off day per week
- You will sometimes be expected to do light household work, pertaining to children.
- Monthly stipend of 370 Euros (280 Euros plus a 90 Euro educational allowance = 370 Euros).
- Return air ticket from South Africa to Germany (12-month commitment)
- Free local transportation pass
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Social and cultural activities with other au pairs
- AuPairCare counsellor in your area to help you to adjust
- Program year of 6 or 12 months
- Aged 18 to 26 years inclusive
- Single and have no dependants
- Valid Matric certificate
- Have childcare experience [a min of 300 hours is required]
- Be in good physical & mental health
- Drivers license is a bonus
- Valid Passport
- Native English speaker
- Basic knowledge of the German language is required. The required level is an A1 level. The only accepted A1 language certificate is from the Goethe Institute.
Au pairs can depart anytime from January through December of the year.
EU passport holders will not require a visa for Germany. Other passport holders will apply for a visa at the local German Embassy, OVC will assist with the visa process. The visa will be valid for up to 12 months and can only be obtained once for Germany.
|Visa fees||80 Euros|
|Travel Insurance||Health insurance is included|
|Airfare (approx)||A return ticket is included if you commit to a 12 month contract. Should you want a shorter contract (6 or 9 months) then you would need to cover the cost of your own return ticket.|
|Recommended Spending Money||350 Euros|
To apply to become the next au pair in Germany, contact your local OVC office - Your OVC consultant will explain all the costs, requirements and fantastic benefits that this program can offer you. Once you have obtained all the requirements, OVC will arrange for you to talk with various families in Germany and once you have found your ideal family, we will confirm your match and begin the visa process in Germany and South Africa. Once the visa is approved, we will book you on the next flight to Germany and you will begin your adventure as an au pair.
Host families in Germany are seeking Au pairs with a strong English background to come to Germany to assist their children to learn more about the English language and to be able to expose their children to a cultural/language experience of hosting an au pair from an English speaking country. Au pairs will live with their host families and will partake in local holidays and celebrations, whilst spending their year abroad. There will always be support from a local counsellor and other au pairs in your area. Being in the heart of Europe, au pairs are able to explore and experience true European living!