Teach Abroad Indonesia - TEFL Bali
Status: Program Open
Vaccination Required: No
PCR Required to Enter: No
ABOUT BALI, INDONESIA - Bali has much to offer those who want to soak up new cultures. Participate in interesting festivals and ceremonies, visit spectacular Balinese Hindu temples, and marvel at the colourful offerings put out daily by the locals. Canang sari is one of the daily offerings made by locals to thank the Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa. Canang sari will be seen in the temples as well as on small shrines in houses, and on the ground.
Our training centre in Bali is ideally located in Sanur on the east coast of Bali. Sanur Beach is quieter than the more touristy west coast, with a more authentic Balinese vibe, yet offers all the conveniences you’ll need during your stay.
Sanur is ideally located for exploring the splendours of the nearby island of Nusa Lembongan, approximately 8 km2 in size, and is one of three neighbouring islands, the others being much the larger Nusa Penida and tiny Nusa Ceningan.
This is an amazing opportunity for a young and energetic applicant to gain an internationally accredited and recognised TEFL/TESOL qualification in 4 weeks and then start working as a teacher. Job placement assistance is guaranteed if you successfully complete your TEFL qualification.
Already TEFL Certified? You might qualify for the Fast-Track Job Preparation and Placement programme.
You’ll complete your ESL (English Second Language) teacher training in the resort town of Sanur, a seaside town in the southeast of the island of Bali, in Indonesia.
Why do your TEFL course in Bali, Indonesia?
- Our TEFL course in Bali, Indonesia exceeds all international criteria, with emphasis placed on practical teaching experience. Our directors and trainers have 50 + years of combined experience in both TEFL as well as gap year programmes.
- Our TEFL course trainers in Bali are highly qualified.
- All the learning at our training centre in Bali is done hands-on through games and interactive activities. You will never just be lectured to but will always be involved in every lesson. The theory in the course is presented by the trainer using games, activities, and strategies that you will then be able to use in your own teaching, allowing you to build your portfolio of activities and teaching tools from day one.
- We limit our numbers at our TEFL centre in Bali to small groups so that we can offer personal assistance with lesson planning and any area you may need help with such as grammar etc. Our practical training includes both youth and adult lessons, at various schools and businesses in Bali. Should your course be over a school holiday, we’ll use the same children, but teach them in the form of a summer camp.
- If you sign up for one of our ‘course plus placement’ packages, we’ll assist you with job placement and preparation. **conditions apply, note that you need a bachelor’s degree to get a work permit as a teacher in Indonesia. If you don’t have a degree, you can still do the course and we can assist you with job placement in Cambodia**
- You need to have a passport from one of the official native English-Speaking countries (NES) including South Africa to get a work permit as a teacher.
- Choose Bali as your TEFL course destination for its island and beach vibe, and its bucket-list reputation for ticking all the boxes including food, culture, health and wellness, adventure, and Instagram-ready photo opportunities.
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course, along with a detailed report to show prospective employers. Those who obtain a distinction will receive a letter of recommendation. Most placements in Indonesia will be in or near Jakarta.
Guaranteed Job Placement Assistance in Indonesia
Completing your TEFL Qualification
- 4-week in-class TEFL training
- In-country support
- Visa assistance
- Orientation and culture immersion
- Experience in real schools
- Culture tour
- Placement within our network of schools
- 13 national holidays plus short breaks between the semesters
- Age 20 to 55 years
- Native English Speaker (NES) or sounding (CLEAR ENGLISH ACCENT)
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in any field) to teach in Indonesia (If you don’t have a degree, you would still be able to complete your TEFL certificate in Bali but then will receive placement assistance in Cambodia)
- No previous experience is needed
- Passports – SA, UK, US, ROI, AUS, NZ, CA
Don’t want to travel alone? Couples and friends can apply together but don’t let this stand in your way. Solo travelling is REAL. You’ll immediately be part of an already-established ESL teacher community.
Positions all year round
2024 Course Dates:
08 January 2024 - 01 February 2024
05 February 2024 - 29 February 2024
04 March 2024 - 28 March 2024
15 April 2024 - 09 May 2024
13 May 2024 - 06 June 2024
10 June 2024 - 04 July 2024
29 July 2024 - 22 August 2024
26 August 2024 - 19 September 2024
30 September 2024 - 24 October 2024
28 October 2024 - 21 November 2024
25 November 2024 - 19 December 2024
The newly introduced visa for short-course participants falls under the B211 visa category, which is also applicable for employment or business purposes. Initially, this visa grants you a 60-day stay in Indonesia, and if needed, it can be extended for up to 6 months. This duration provides ample time to fully immerse yourself in the course and explore the wonders of Indonesia.
Here is a breakdown of the expenses:
- The initial 60-day visa costs 3,000,000 IDR (approximately $200.00 USD).
- Each 2-month extension costs 2,700,000 IDR (approximately 193.00 USD), enabling you to extend your stay for the duration of the course, up to a maximum of 6 months.
|Program fee||US$1,145.00 (approx. ZAR21,550.00 - ROE dependent)|
|Visa fees||As above|
|Travel Insurance||** COMPULSORY** ZAR5,410.00 (up to 29 years of age) ZAR7,050.00 – Other African passport holders (up to 69)|
|Airfare (approx)||Approx. ZAR15 000 - Speak to your OVC crew member for an accurate quote|
|Recommended Spending Money||See below|
We highly recommend you take approx. US$2 000+ in spending money. This will be enough to cover your initial expenses:
- Accommodation during your TEFL course (From US$25.00)
- Rent Deposit for your long-term stay
- 1st month’s rent
- Living expenses for the first 2 months
A quick look at all the costs involved for budget purposes
1. Application and 1st payment R9,500.00
2. Final course fees - R21,500.00 (ROE dependent)
3. Flights - R15,000.00
4. Travel Insurance - R5,410.00 ** COMPULSORY**
ESTIMATED TOTAL: R49,500.00
**Suggested spending money - R39,000.00 (this is your money and only used for your own personal expenses)
You might also be interested in the TEFL programmes in Cambodia or Thailand