TEFL Southeast Asia
ESL Teacher placements in Cambodia
Status : Program Open
Vaccination Required : No
PCR Required to Enter : No
ABOUT BANGKOK, THAILAND - The capital city of Bangkok, (Krung Thep in Thai) is the main port and serves as a gateway and principal destination for the majority of tourists who visit Thailand, as well as being a travel hub to the rest of Asia. It’s where many TEFL teachers start their teach abroad experience … and you can too, let your journey begin at our training centre in Bangkok.
Bangkok, also known as Thailand’s ‘City of Angels’ is a place where you can marvel at the glories of the past, and delight in the golden opportunities of the present. Bangkok has wonderfully preserved its spectacular heritage attributes, which is evident from the soaring roofs and gleaming spires of the Grand Palace and the city’s many historic temples – Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Temple of Dawn, and other inspiring shrines. With more than 100 skyscrapers, Bangkok ranks 17th as the world’s tallest city and has approximately ten million inhabitants. Experience the ‘Bangkok buzz’, and you are hooked! There’s so much to see and do, you’ll never be bored.
Choose Bangkok as your TEFL course destination for its rich culture, vibe, endless things to do and being the travel hub of Southeast Asia. You’ll never be bored in the city that never sleeps!
This is an amazing opportunity for a young and energetic applicant to gain an internationally accredited and recognised TEFL/TESOL qualification in 4 weeks and then start working as a teacher. Job placement assistance is guaranteed if you successfully complete your TEFL qualification.
Already TEFL Certified? You might qualify for the Fast-Track Job Preparation and Placement programme.
Why do your TEFL course in Bangkok, Thailand?
• Our TEFL course in Bangkok, Thailand exceeds all international criteria, with emphasis placed on practical teaching experience. Our directors and trainers have 50 + years of combined experience in both TEFL as well as gap year programs.
• Our TEFL course trainers in Bangkok are highly qualified.
• All of the learning at our training centre in Bangkok is done hands-on through games and interactive activities. You will never just be lectured to, but will always be involved in every lesson.
• We limit our numbers at our TEFL centre in Bangkok to small groups so that we can offer personal assistance with lesson planning and any area you may need help with such as grammar etc. Our practical training includes both youth and adult lessons, at various schools and businesses in Bangkok. Should your course be over a school holiday, we’ll use the same children, but teach them in the form of a summer camp.
• If you sign up for one of our ‘course plus placement’ packages, we’ll assist you with job placement and preparation. **conditions apply, note that you need a bachelor’s degree is required to get a work permit as a teacher in Thailand. If you don’t have a degree, you can still do the course and we can assist you with job placement in Cambodia**
• Our TEFL trainers in Thailand will provide you with the support you need to compile lesson plans. You also have access to resources such as free internet, a library of teaching books as well as printing and copying facilities on site.
• We are genuinely interested in our students, and don’t view them as just numbers. We stay in touch with students after each course, whether they stay in Thailand or move on to other countries. and get regular updates on their teaching careers and travels. Many of our job leads come from past students for this reason.
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course, along with a detailed report to show prospective employers. Those who obtain a distinction will receive a letter of recommendation. Most placements in Bangkok and the surrounding area, but sometimes jobs are available in other locations too.
Guaranteed Job Placement Assistance in Thailand
Completing your TEFL Qualification
• 4-week in-class TEFL training
• in-country support
• Visa assistance
• Orientation and culture immersion
• Experience in real schools
• Culture tour
• Placement within our network of schools
• The main school holidays are mid-March to Mid-May, and the month of October. Sometimes you will be required to work part of this time for summer camps. Teachers will have the majority of this time off, however, each school contract will differ.
- Age 20 to 55 years
- Native English Speaker (NES) or sounding (CLEAR ENGLISH ACCENT)
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in any field) to teach in Thailand (If you don’t have a degree, you would still be able to complete your TEFL certificate in Bangkok but then will receive placement assistance in Cambodia)
- No previous experience needed
- Passports – SA, UK, US, ROI, AUS, NZ, CA, NA
- NOTE: If you are from SA or Namibia, you will be required to do a TOEIC or IELTS test to prove your English proficiency in order to get a work permit as a teacher in Thailand. You can do this before coming over, or do the test in Bangkok. A native English speaker will have no problem passing the test.
Don’t want to travel alone? Couples and friends can apply together but don’t let this stand in your way. Solo travelling is REAL. You’ll immediately be part of an already established ESL teacher community.
Positions all year round
2023 Course Dates:
31 Jul – 24 Aug
28 Aug – 21 Sept
25 Sept – 19 Oct
30 Nov – 23 Nov
27 Nov – 21 Dec
You’ll be able to enter Thailand with a 30 day Visa Exempt stamp which can be extended onshore (in-country) by an additional 30 days. This will allow you a total of 60 days in Thailand to complete your TEFL certification and secure your teaching position.
PS: you can only do a visa extension once after which you will need to do a simple border run to any neighbouring country and re-enter Thailand again.
|Program fee||US$1,145.00 (approx. ZAR21,500.00 - ROE dependent)|
|Visa fees||As above|
|Travel Insurance||** COMPULSORY** ZAR5,410.00 (up to 29 years of age) ZAR7,050.00 – Other African passport holders (up to 69)|
|Airfare (approx)||approx ZAR15 000 - speak with your OVC crew member for an accurate quote|
|Recommended Spending Money||SEE BELOW|
We highly recommend you take approx. US$2 000+ in spending money. This will be enough to cover your initial expenses:
- Accommodation during your TEFL course (From US$350.00)
- Rent Deposit for your long-term stay
- 1st month’s rent
- Living expenses for the first 2 months
A quick look at all the costs involved for budget purposes
1. Application and 1st payment R9,500.00
2. Final course fees – R21,500.00 (ROE dependent)
3. Flights – R15,000.00
4. Travel Insurance – R5,410.00 ** COMPULSORY**
ESTIMATED TOTAL: R49,500.00
**Suggested spending money – R39,000.00 (this is your money and only used for your own personal expenses)
You might also be interested in the TEFL Programmes in Bali or Cambodia
We also offer an option for you to complete your programme in any of the locations and get placement assistance in Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam or Indonesia.