Study in New Zealand
Status : Program Open
Embassy : Open
Vaccination Required : Yes
PCR Required to Enter : No
This is the ultimate adventure and potentially life-changing opportunity - Study at top New Zealand Tertiary Education Providers and unlock your future! New Zealand has rapidly been gaining in popularity as an education destination of choice. OVC is partnered with one of New Zealand’s premier Tertiary Educations groups that are Category 1 Providers - offering a variety of courses both online and abroad ranging from Diplomas to Degrees, they have something for you!
Work part-time while you study and full-time during holidays, and upon graduation, you will hold an internationally recognised qualification with local industry experience and the key to fully exploring your potential in both New Zealand, South Africa and abroad. Many of our students return to very successful careers in South Africa, however, if you wish to stay on in New Zealand past your qualification there could options available to you based on your course of choice. OVC is not licensed to provide advice on this yet you will find INZ website very useful.
If you would like to invest in your future, upgrade your skills, gain an internationally recognized qualification whilst living in New Zealand, then this may be the doorway to your future - a genuine and logical step to a brilliant future in the world’s safest country.
Study Zealand - Follow like sheep or choose a new path
Become Work Ready and World Ready with courses such as:
IT Degrees that are on the skills shortage list and could lead to after study work rights and residency:
- Bachelor of Animation Level 7
- Bachelor of Software Engineering Level 7
- Bachelor of Digital Innovation Level 7
Diplomas that have guaranteed internships (do not lead on to guaranteed post study visas but are in high demand)
Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) with Internship – Cookery (2 years) [Level 4 + 5]
- Diploma in Hospitality Management with Internship (2 years) [Level 5 + 6]
- Diploma in Sport, Recreation, & Exercise (Multi-Sector) (2 years) (Pathway to University of Canterbury Available)
Benefits of studying in New Zealand:
- Degree, Graduate and Post Graduate courses
- Scholarships available (Level 7 courses)
- Work part time during studies and full time during holidays
- Possible 1-3 year Post study work visa and fast track to long term stay in New Zealand
- Flexible learning methods
- Student Support Services,
- Employment Assistance
- Accommodation assistance, airport collection, an orientation and advice on settling into NZ life will be offered and ongoing support is provided throughout your study as part of your enrolment.
Eligibility can be varied from course to course. General entry requirements include:
- Between the ages of 18 - 45
- Matric Certificate
- Medically fit
- South African Passport
- Previous Qualifications, certificates & Transcripts
- IELTS Or Confirmation of English from grades 1 -12
Teaching Qualification applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure that the most suitable option is suggested.
With multiple colleges to choose from course start dates vary. Exact course start dates are available upon request regarding your chosen course.
**Study terms and holidays are of similar length to those in South Africa.
The application takes 4 -8 weeks. You or a sponsor will need to show proof of funds. A medical examination and full SAPS police clearance will be required. Course level permitting, The student visa allows 20 hours’ of work per week and full-time work over the school holidays.
* Only vaccinated travelers will be allowed to apply for a Student Visa to partake in the Study New Zealand Program. (Recognised Vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson)
|Admin fee||R4 700 Application fee|
|Program fee||NZ$ tuition fee and related fees (variable) - paid directly to the college|
|Other fees||R 3011 Medical and X-Ray certificate (subject to Panel Doctor’s rate)|
|Visa fees||NZ$ 330 + R880 Service Fee|
|Travel Insurance||NZ$ 633|
|Airfare (approx)||R9 000 one way, R13 000 return|
|Recommended Spending Money||$20 000 Proof of maintenance|
APPLICATION FEE R4700. Payable to your nearest OVC office, for enrolment and visa assistance. OVC will assist with your travel arrangements. You will need a passport, valid for at least 2 years, a Matric certificate or any other higher qualification certificates. Once you receive a conditional offer of acceptance, you will be able to make payment for the first year’s course fees and will then receive your registration documents. These documents are needed before you may apply for your Student Visa.
You will receive orientation and assistance with all aspects of settling in and living in New Zealand. All students will be met at the airport and taken to their accommodation (if this service has been requested), which will be arranged before arrival. For more information, please contact your nearest OVC office.