Did you know your skills as an English teacher could be the key to travelling the world? - Age 21 to 40 Documents that need to be authenticated: Here is what happens after you submit your details: -Medical - Visit to the GP for a check-up. Cost will vary with doctor and if you have medical aid.
Teach China, Hong Kong and Macau
Finding teaching jobs abroad has never been easier! Global Teacher Recruitment is an international teacher recruitment agency, placing teachers in amazing roles across China. OVC provides comprehensive placement services including visa assistance, training on arrival, accommodation options, making the journey to your new adventure that little bit easier.
Qualities to have/ Job Role
- Be creative and interactive in your teaching approach
- Teach a diverse variety of classes such as phonics, reading comprehension, creative writing, and grammar
- Implement lessons, crafts and activities
- Organise necessary class materials
- 12 month Contract
- Maximum teaching hours a week.
*China = 25 hours, Hong Kong = 30 hours & Macau = 28 hours
- Small class sizes (4-12 children)
- Visa Assistance
- Full training provided on arrival
- Overtime payment
- Opportunities for career advancement in numerous fields within the organisation
- China ¥15,0000 - 20 000 per month
- Hong Kong HKD20,500-21,100 salary per month
- Macau MOP18,000-20,000 salary per month
Lucrative annual bonus
- Hong Kong HKD5,000
- Accommodation Optional
- Vacation: Approximately 16-17 days paid per year.
- Flight reimbursement on completion of 12-month contract (t&cs will apply)
- Degree qualification in any discipline
- Native English Speaker
- 100-hour TEFL certificate (120-hour for China) - If you do not yet have a TEFL qualification, OVC can offer you an Online TEFL course starting at R2695 . Please contact your OVC consultant for more information.
- Some Work Experience (2 years post grad professional work experience for China)
- Applicants for Shanghai must have at least 2 years of managerial or marketing experience
- Passport Holders UK/IRL/SA/CAN/AUS/NZ/US (Teachers must be Native English speakers)
Bachelor’s degree certificate
GTR SA can assist with the authentication process for candidates in SA and will deduct the cost from the candidate’s end of year bonus. The amount that will be deducted is 2500 RMB.
Candidates can do this without our assistance if they wish to.
Candidates from other countries will need to authenticate their documents themselves, but we can offer advice on the process.
The teachers are responsible for the amount payable to get the visa into their passport R650.00
Employer sponsors the work permit – It can take anything between 6-8 weeks for approval.
Their residence permit is also done by Employer and is applied for when the candidate arrives to China
R3605.00 (up to 29 years of age)
Recommended Spending Money
1. We will review your experience and eligibility and contact you for an interview if you are suitable.
2. You will have either a face-to-face or Skype interview which lasts about 30 minutes.
3. After a successful interview, in the next couple of days, we will email you with your job offer and more information about the available positions.
4. If you accept your job offer, we will send you your visa forms and a contract.
5. You will send back your filled-in forms and the signed contract. We will then begin processing your visa (visa takes around 4-6 weeks).
6. Get excited about your next incredible adventure to China, Hong Kong or Macau!
*The passport you hold can affect your eligibility for the visas needed for these locations. Please submit your details and we can assess whether you would be able to apply.
*All candidates need to complete a Medical Check – However EGC and X ray is not required. This is important so that visas are not revoked because of underlying health issues being found when the candidate arrives in China.
All candidates complete a full medical check once they arrive in China, with the help of the center.
Should the candidate be successful GTR will sent them a FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM which needs to be filled out, signed and dated by the doctor performing the medical check.*
- Police Clearance – R 160 (VALID FOR 6 MONTHS).
- TEFL – If you do not have a TEFL please speak to your OVC consultant for options available.
- Authentication and legislation of Police clearance, Degree (please consultant with SAQA for verification, this department does charge for authentication) and TEFL certificate. Free through Government Channels. You may also use a private service provider to obtain the attestation of these documents – R 700 to R 900
- Be in possession of a South African passport or apply for one at your nearest DHA - R 400
Did you know your skills as an English teacher could be the key to travelling the world?
- Age 21 to 40
Documents that need to be authenticated:
Here is what happens after you submit your details:
-Medical - Visit to the GP for a check-up. Cost will vary with doctor and if you have medical aid.