Status : Program Open
Embassy : Open
Vaccination Required : Recommended, most schools require.
PCR Required to Enter : No
Teaching English abroad is an excellent alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. It also serves as a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while experiencing the rich culture of the East.
Teaching in Vietnam can be the beginning of a rewarding career path, not to mention a chance to gain a one-of-a-kind international experience. Our partners provide you with an excellent orientation and placement, as well as comprehensive teacher assistance and support to help you make a smooth transition.
Our Teach Vietnam program offers some great benefits for English teachers.
- Teachers can expect to get a starting salary equivalent to USD 1,200-2,000 per month for full time teaching
- 12 month contract
- $1200 - $2000
- Paid holidays (language centres) Medical Insurance (language centres)
- Full orientation will be given to each applicant before they start work
- Great placement locations, predominantly in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, and their surrounding satellite towns and suburbs
- 40-hour in-country cultural orientation
- Accommodation during the orientation
- Comprehensive job placement service & post-placement support
- Lifetime Placement Guarantee
- Full background check on school
- Contract negotiation Visa support
- Documentation & assistance in opening a bank account
- Airport pickup
Many of the issues and challenges that one faces when teaching in a foreign country are rooted in cultural differences and language barriers. Gaining a thorough understanding of language, history and culture is imperative to making a success of teaching in Vietnam. preparing to teach abroad with this mindset results in a smoother cultural integration, making the experience more enjoyable and enlightening.
Our cultural immersion course delves into the heart of Vietnamese culture and values through in-class instruction/lectures, and active-learning cultural excursions to various sites of cultural and historical significance. The in-country orientation is punctuated by in- class language lessons to build a strong foundation in Vietnamese language.
Example of Excursions:
- Cu-Chi Tunnels
- Night Market Food Tour and Food Sampling
- Martial Arts Class
- Vietnamese Language Classes Visit to War Remnants Museum
- History, Culture, and Politics Lectures
- Welcome Dinner
- Bachelor Degree Holder
- 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
- Aged 20 and 50.
- Minimum of 6 month commitment
- Native English speakers
- Good Mental and Physical Health
- No criminal history
- South Africa passport Only - no other African passport holders
(US, Canada, NZ, Australian, Irish or British accepted too)
Departures all year round
Visa Support by our partners to obtain a work visa to live and work for a year in Vietnam
You will be provided with a comprehensive visa checklist. Items such as your Bachelor’s degree, Transcripts, Police check, Health form, TEFL/TESOL Certificate, References, Employment contract to name a few
|Other fees||Please see more info below|
|Travel Insurance||R7575 - Up to 29 years incl R10 145 - Over 29 years|
|Airfare (approx)||R10 000 - R15 000|
|Recommended Spending Money||US$1500|
Average of 4 - 6 months from the initial application until arrival in Vietnam
Contact OVC today to begin the process. You will need to meet the requirements listed in the eligibility section. OVC will give a full checklist of documents to gather to begin the placement process.
Working hand in hand with our partners in Asia you will be placed, attend an online and in country arrival orientation and move smoothly onto your placement to begin your Vietnamese adventure!
Additional costs for Documentation Budget:
- Documentation notarised, apostilled and authenticated - USD$50-300 per document
- Visa - US$50-150
- SAPS Clearance - R160
- Bank Acc Setup - No charge
- Medication Shots/Vaccination - USD$0-500*
- Refundable House deposit - USD$150**
* No shots are 100% compulsory, except for Covid-19 at this time. Consult your doctor on shots
**If requesting own room during course/orientation, and personal room is available, cost is an additional USD 400
**Some schools require this in Vietnam while others do not.