Where to Work?
- United States
- UK and Europe
- New Zealand
- Middle East
- Cruise Ships
- Job Eligibility Calculator
Au Pair Holland
As an Au Pair in the Netherlands you will experience true European Culture and Lifestyle. You will become a valued family member and meet many new friends. Au Pairs will live with a family for a period of 12 months. During this year Au Pairs will be able to travel and gain valuable life experience. OVC works hand in hand with our overseas agents in order to ensure each Au Pair has a successful and enjoyable year abroad. Our partners, Travel Active carefully screen the host families, prior to selection and arrival of the Au Pair.
* Maximum of 30 hours per week, plus a possible 3 nights a week babysitting
* Light household chores such as laundry, dusting, ironing and vacuuming
* 2 Days off per week
* At least one weekend off per month
* 12 Month contract
* Pocket money of 300 Euros per month
* 2 weeks paid vacation (per 12 months)
* Private room and food provided
* Contribution of 270 Euros for a language course once in Holland
* Support by local agency
* Monthly activities hosted by Travel Active staff
* Membership to the Au Pair Club
* Local network for Au Pairs.
* Females and males aged 18 - 30 years (South African and EU passport holders only)
* Be single and have no children
* Completed Matric
* Childcare experience and references
* Be in good health and have a clear police record
* Speaking Dutch is a bonus
* Valid SA or European passport
* Original Unabridged Birth Certificate with an apostille
Aupairs depart from January through December.
Visas are applied for in Holland and take approximately 2 weeks to one month to be approved.
|Admin fee||Euros 34.00|
|Other fees||Courier cost of approx R300 - R500 (permit forms)|
|Airfare (approx)||R 7000.00 - R 10 000.00|
|Recommended Spending Money||300 Euros|
OVC will assist with all paperwork and visa needs. All fees for the interview and application process are non-refundable. Once placed in a family, OVC will assist with the application to obtain your visa. Once you have your visa, we will assist in the booking of your airline ticket and you will be on your way to Holland.
Au pairing is an enriching experience. It teaches young people to become independent and gain valuable life experience. The program is recommended to any young South African who a has a great love for children and would like the opportunity to experience a lifestyle and culture different to their own. As an au pair, you will have some free time in which to travel and see the sights of the Netherlands and the rest of Europe. In Holland, one of the most popular modes of transport is by bicycle, so try and practice as much as possible before departure as this will become your favourite mode of transport once in Holland! This experience will open up a world of opportunities and help shape your future.
More info on ...
Please input the following numbers into the text block:
|Do you have/willing to obtain childcare experience and have a love for children?||yes no|
|Do you hold a Matric?||yes no|
|Do you have a clear police record?||yes no|
|Do you hold a SA or EU passport?||yes no|
|Are you single and have none of your own children?||yes no|
|Are you in good health?||yes no|
|Can you ride a bicycle/willing to learn?||yes no|
|Do you have a drivers licence (not a necessary requirement but this assists with placement)?||yes no|