Where to Work?
- United States
- UK and Europe
- New Zealand
- Middle East
- Job Eligibility Calculator
You can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! You will be working in association with world-renowned cruise brands leading the hospitality and entertainment industry.
Cruise ship careers are exciting, fun and highly rewarding. While you are on board the cruise liner, you will have endless opportunities to visit many overseas countries and places of interest. Few other hospitality jobs can offer such variety. However, you must understand that working on board a cruise ship isn’t for everyone. It is hard work and you need to be disciplined. Which is why you must genuinely enjoy being with people and be dedicated to customer service. If you tick those boxes, your career at sea awaits you!
Positions Recruited for Throughout the Year:
Fine Dining Waiter/ess
Bar tenders/Bar Servers
All Culinary Positions
Chef de Parties
Executive Sous Chefs
All Hotel Graduates and Hotel Staff
Must be between the age of 21 - 36.
No visible tattoos – if you have any, please discuss this with your consultant.
Fit and healthy – no chronic illness or medication.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in relevant profession.
- Formal qualifications in area of profession an advantage.
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Foreign languages an advantage.
- Team environment and controlled environment.
- Able to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Willingness to live and work on board ships.
- Be able to work a 7 day, 70 - 84 hour week, with limited time off.
- Agree to share a cabin.
- Professional disposition.
- Excellent time keeping.
Year-round vacancies. Expect from final interview and acceptance, +- 4 to 6 months to be assigned.
The US C1/D visa is compulsory and is reimbursed during the first contract.
The Schengen visa is only required if joining a vessel in the Mediterranean.
Medical costs are usually reimbursed within the first month of travel, however the amount varies from company to company.
|Other fees||Medical, Police Clearance, STCW’95 Training, costs vary.|
|Visa fees||US C1/D visa approx. $160 (reimbursed) or Shengen visa approx. R2000 (Mediterranean only)|
|Recommended Spending Money||R0|
1. Apply online through the application link sent to you by your nearest OVC office. Please upload your passport, CV using the CV format and 2 reference letters under supporting documents.
2. If you are eligible, your nearest OVC office will call you to make an appointment to come in for a pre-screening assessment.
3. Your OVC office will then make the decision on whether you are suitable for the position or not.
4. If you are successful, you will be passed on to our partner agency who will arrange your placement on the ship.
- Working contracts vary from 4 - 9 months on board, with a 6 - 8 week vacation.
- Salary paid whilst on board, earn a minimum of US$1000 per month.
- Average working hours are 10 - 12 hours a day, working 7 days a week.
- Round-trip airfare from your home country to the vessel.
- Medical and accident travel insurance during your contract.
- Free shared crew cabin.
- Free crew canteen catering for all your daily meals.
- All uniforms provided.
- Access to crew areas, such as the computer centre, gym, crew entertainment programs and crew shore excursions.
More info on ...
Get a new challenge
Write the characters in the image above
|Are you between the ages of 21 – 36 years?||yes no|
|Are you well groomed?||yes no|
|Do you have an excellent command of the English language?||yes no|
|Are you medicaly fit with no serious health concerns such as chronic illness or medication, heart and back problems, etc?||yes no|
|You confirm that you do not have any visible tattoo’s when wearing a t-shirt?||yes no|
|You confirm that you have no criminal record?||yes no|